From desert plains to charming coastal retreats Namibia offers intrepid explorers the trip of a lifetime as you journey across the country experiencing new culture and landscapes. Traverse the towering sand dunes and ancient mountains of Sossusvlei as you hunt for desert wildlife before sitting back and gazing up at the stars. Delight in the fascinating town of Swakopmund as you meet marine wildlife before you plunge back into the desert and across the mountainous region of Damaraland. End your spectacular journey roaming across the vast open spaces of Ongava Game Reserve on the boarder of Etosha National Park as you photograph wild game animals.
- Arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport
- Transfer from Hosea Kutako International Airport to Windhoek Eros Airport
- Flight from Windhoek Eros Airport to andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
- Pre-planned lodge activities including a Balloon Safari
- Overnight: andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
Welcome to the first three days of your Namibian getaway. Upon arrival you will be met by an andBeyond representative who will ensure you make your transfers so you can arrive on-time to your first destination, Sossusvlei. Located at the heart of the ancient Namib Desert, Sossusvlei is a salt and clay pan that boasts some of the most beautiful scenery found anywhere. Surrounded by impressive sand dunes Sossusvlei offers travellers a serene and romantic atmosphere rarely found in other desert landscapes.
Enjoy your three days at andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge where you will be given opportunities to experience the breath-taking sunrise over the sand dunes, explore the Sossusvlei region on foot, bikes or drives and spend romantic evenings gazing at the stars. During your stay you will also experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to soar high above the beautiful desert landscape in a hot air balloon before landing in the middle of nowhere for a champagne breakfast.
- Flight from Sossusvlei Airstrip to Swakopmund Airport
- Road transfer from Swakopmund Airport to Swakopmund
- Self-Led activities
- Overnight: Strand Hotel Swakopmund
After your desert adventure you will journey towards the cooler and vibrant coastal town of Swakopmund, popular with locals and tourists alike. A town rich in German heritage, Swakopmund offers visitors endless opportunities to explore the marine life of Namibia and good, old-fashioned seaside fun. Once you have taken your flight from Sossusvlei to Swakopmund you will be met by an andBeyond representative and driven with other visitors to your accommodation.
Your stay in Swakopmund is your time to decide how you wish to experience the region. A range of activity ideas to suit all tastes has been provided (at additional cost). It is recommended where appropriate additional activities should be booked in advance to guarantee your place on them.
Recommended marine activities:
- Kayaking: For lovers of water sports, visitors can book kayaking experiences in Walvis Bay Lagoon where you will be spending your time in the company of dolphins, cape fur seals and pelicans.
- Boat Tours: Perfect for visitors wishing to view marine wildlife, there are numerous boat excursions from Swakopmund and Walvis Bay lasting anywhere from an hour, half a day or a full day.
Recommended sports activities:
- Quad-biking: This two-hour tour suitable for both complete beginners and experienced bikers takes visitors out into the desert with a professional guide on easy-to-handle quad bikes. A unique way to explore the surrounding desert quad-biking makes a thrilling addition to any stay in Swakopmund.
- Skydiving: Not for the faint of heart, Swakopmund offers visitors a skydiving experience with stunning views across the coastal town.
Recommended cultural activities:
- Swakopmund Museum: An unusual museum founded by local German dentist Dr Alfons Weber in 1951, the museum was established after he discovered a love of African culture. The focus of the exhibits are on artefacts, local flora and fauna, and geological finds.
- Woermannhaus: One of the most famous German colonial buildings in Swakopmund visitors can take a tour around this historic site and visit the library and the art gallery inside. This stop in Swakopmund is a must for any architecture lover.
- Road transfer Swakopmund Airport
- Flight from Swakopmund Airport to Doro Nawas Airstrip
- Flight from Doro Nawas Airstrip to Damaraland Camp
- Activities: Guided Nature Walks, Nature Drives
- Overnight: Damaraland Camp
After your relaxing stay in Swakopmund you will swap the charming coastal landscape for rugged wilderness as you travel back inland towards the mountainous region of Damaraland. Experience the beauty in a harsh rocky desert landscape over two days as you are taken on nature walks and drives to explore the hidden trails and meet the local flora and fauna that live across the desert floor. If you are very lucky you may even spot a desert elephant, an elusive elephant that has specially adapted to survive in the desert environment.
- Flight from Damaraland Camp to Doro Nawas Airstrip
- Flight from Doro Nawas Airstrip to Ongava Airstrip
- Activities: Game Drive, Nature Walks
- Overnight: Little Ongava
Your final two days will be spent on the Ongava Game Reserve. Sitting on the southern border of the Etosha National Park, Ongava Game Reserve has 68,000 acres of private land for visitors to explore. Your two days on the reserve will be spent on game drives and nature walks, always keeping your camera ready to capture majestic game animals in their native environment. During your time you may be lucky enough to spot lions, elephants, cheetahs, gemsboks, springboks, hartebeests and rhinos which are known to frequent the local watering holes.
- Flight from Ongava Airstrip to Hosea Kutako International Airport
Today you are bid a fond farewell as you are transferred from Ongava back to Windhoek and Hosea Kutako International Airport to your onward travel arrangements.