Discover the beauty of the South Pacific your way on this sporty adventure. Make French Polynesia your athletic arena and conquer every challenge the islands throw your way. Tackle the awe-inspiring scenery of this island paradise as you hike, climb, swim and fly your way across crystal-clear lagoons, rugged mountains and tropical beaches.
- Arrival on Tahiti
- Minibus transfer to accommodation
- Daily set activities – hike and jet ski tour
- Additional activities
- Overnight: Relais Fenua
Your Polynesian adventure begins on Tahiti, the largest of the Windward Islands and the biggest in French Polynesia.
Upon your arrival to Tahiti, you will take a 20-minute bus transfer from the airport to your accommodation for the next two nights; Relais Fenua. Delight in the tropical plant life that surrounds you at Relais Fenua and indulge in the famous Polynesian hospitality.
Your time on Tahiti will be separated between set activities and leisure time where you decide what you wish to see. After you have arrived and settled into Tahiti, you will set out on a hike through the lava tubes on the island. Found on the east coast of Tahiti, the lava tubes are an underground canyon formed during the island’s creation. Explore the wet and dark tunnels and be amazed at the geological creations.
On the morning of day three, you will take a thrilling jet ski guided tour along the west coast of Tahiti where you will have the opportunity to ride and play alongside the dolphins that dance in the blue waves.
After your action packed activities, you have leisure time to decide which other adventures you wish to have on Tahiti. A list of different opportunities has been provided for you to get a flavour of the extent of experiences the island has to offer (all at extra cost).
- Boating/Sailing – Participate in glass-bottom boat tours or hire a private boat and enjoy the calm crystal waters of the Pacific as you tour the coastline of Tahiti
- Diving – The clear waters surrounding Tahiti make it perfect for diving
- Snorkelling – Observe the thousands of tropical fish species live their day-to-day lives and meet the local marine life, including manta rays, sharks and turtles
- Golf – Relax on the stunning Olivier Breaud International Golf Course and tackle some of their difficult par 3’s
- Quad Biking – Participate in one of the hair-raising quad bike tours found on Tahiti and experience a new side to the island
- Hiking – If you wish to explore the island further, Tahiti has some of the most scenic hiking trails in French Polynesia. Hike the Papenoo Valley and access the crater of Mount Orohena or visit the waterfalls in Faraura Valley
- Transfer from Tahiti to Moorea
- Suggested activities or additional adventures
- Overnight: Hotel Hibiscus
After your time on Tahiti, you will take a 10 minute transfer on day three to the smaller island of Moorea and a further minibus transfer to your home for the next four nights, Hotel Hibiscus. Moorea is often referred to as the younger sister of Tahiti and is known for its rugged landscapes.
There are numerous experiences to be found on Moorea and this adventure trip brings you the most unique and diverse. For the intrepid explorer, take a hair-raising ride on an ATV (all-terrain vehicle) on a tour of Moorea. The ATVs are fully automatic and are specially designed for a wild ride.
For ocean lovers and marine enthusiasts there is a glass-bottomed boat and snorkelling day trip available. You, alongside the rest of the group, are taken to a nearby motu (islet) where you can watch the wildlife below and ask the guide about the local myths and legends that surround Moorea in mystery. During your trip expect to see manta rays, sharks, coral and hundreds of different tropical fish.
Finally, for enthusiastic hikers you have the opportunity to jump into the three coconuts trail winding through the forests of the island. Ask your guide about the indigenous plants that line the trails, traditional hunter-gatherer techniques of the ancient islanders and delight in breath-taking views of the Pacific.
If you wish to see more of Moorea during your stay, below is a list of additional adventures (at an extra cost) which will make exceptional additions to your trip:
- Mount Tohivea – For those who wish to explore the island’s towering volcano there are many different hiking trails up the mountain to suit all abilities
- Moorea Tropical Gardens – On a peaceful hillside overlooking the island and lagoon, you will find the peaceful Moorea Tropical Gardens bursting with beautiful exotic plants and sweet treats to enjoy after an active day
- Tiahura beach – Tiahura beach is the ideal beach for snorkelling enthusiasts and beginners alike with plenty of coral reefs to explore and tropical fish to meet
- Marae Titiroa – Marae Titiroa is an ancient temple platform and meeting point of the indigenous people, often an overlooked gem on Moorea
- Flight and boat transfer from Moorea to Bora Bora
- Daily planned activities
- Overnight: Hotel Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora
Bid farewell to Moorea as you set off on day 7 for a 45-minute flight and 20-minute boat transfer to Bora Bora’s main island. You will be staying at the charming Hotel Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora with views sweeping across the blue lagoon.
As the jewel of the South Pacific, the romance of Bora Bora will sweep you away on a dreamy Pacific breeze. During your stay you will have the opportunity to spend a morning free diving in the lagoon from a speedboat with a small group of other divers. Dive amongst the colourful coral, manta rays, leopard rays and other tropical fish.
For a botanical view of Bora Bora, immerse yourself in the landscape of the island on a ethnobotanical hike in the beating heart of the island. Spend your day amongst banyan trees and local legends at the foot of Mounts Pahia and Otemanu. Your final adventure on Bora Bora sees you soaring 100 metres above the lagoon in a parasailing experience guaranteed to stay with you for the rest of your life. Flying high with the birds of Bora Bora is the perfect end to an incredible trip.
- Transfer from Bora Bora to Tahiti
After a delicious breakfast, depart Bora Bora for Tahiti and Faa’a International Airport where you will take your onward travel arrangements.